The Tullis Moot Court Competition, sponsored by the Moot Court Board, is the annual appellate intra-school competition for second-year law students at LSU that determines the members of the following year’s Moot Court Board. Teams consists of two students who write an appellate brief and argue the case before a panel of judges.
The tournament consists of two preliminary rounds, with the top 16 teams advancing to the elimination rounds. Those teams then compete in a one-loss elimination bracket until a champion is determined. Awards are also given to the top oral advocates and the top briefs. The two winners will have their names inscribed on the Law Center’s Tullis plaque, located outside the Robinson Courtroom, and the highest scoring students will be appointed to the Moot Court Board for the following year.
Students participating in the Tullis Competition are encouraged to browse the Appellate Advocacy Resources section of this website.
2017 Tullis Competition
- 2017 Tullis Competition Case File
- 2017 Tullis Competition Rules
- Rule and Case File Clarifications (as of Sept. 11, 2017)
- Team Registration Form (Competitors are reminded that the Tullis Competition requires that students participate as teams of two second-year law students. Each team needs to only submit the registration form once.)
Fall 2017 Tullis Competition Schedule:
- Case File Released: August 17, 2017
- Deadline for Questions About Case File (via email to email@example.com): 5:00 pm, September 8, 2017
- Brief Submission Deadline (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org): 5:00 pm, September 15, 2017
- Preliminary Round 1: September 28, 2017
- Preliminary Round 2: October 3, 2017
- Octofinal Round: October 9, 2017
- Quarterfinal Round: October 16, 2017
- Semifinal Round: October 19, 2017
- Final Round: November 1, 2017 at 6:00 pm in the Robinson Courtroom